Intense exercise can wreak havoc on your knees. You want to do everything you can to prevent injury, and to mitigate any injury you are recovering from. That is when you need to utilize the benefits of the best compression knee sleeve. Best compression knee sleeve is used to offer support, compression, and warmth to the knee to protect it against injury when exercising. Many top athletes and fitness trainers use knee sleeves for themselves and those they help during training.
One of the best parts of knee sleeves is that they are very simple and easy to use, they are fairly inexpensive, and are available in a variety of sizes. You want to ensure that you choose one that fits correctly; otherwise you can either hurt yourself or not get the maximum amount of benefit from the best compression knee sleeve. When choosing a knee sleeve, you will want to visit the brand’s website. Many of these websites will offer a size chart so that you can make sure you are getting the right knee sleeve for you. Brands may vary slightly, so checking with them is the best way to make sure you get the right one.
It is also good to keep in mind the difference between knee sleeves and knee braces. Knee braces are more used for when you have an injury that is in the process of healing. The knee sleeve cannot do what a brace was meant to do.
When can you use a compression knee sleeve?
Generally, a knee sleeve will provide you with the basic protection you need when exercising. They are also great for those with mild knee pain, sprains, arthritis, weakness in the knee, tendinitis, cartilage irritation or knee swelling. If you have any of these symptoms, you will want to consult with your physician to determine if a knee sleeve will provide you extra comfort and protection from further injury.
Even more than providing support to your knee to prevent injury or to help pain, knee sleeves can help your knee retain heat. This can boost the circulation to the knee joint, and promote healing. There are many benefits to using the best compression knee sleeve. However, if you have more severe pain, you may need more advanced or elite protection.
There are some that even say utilizing a knee sleeve can actually improve your performance. This is especially true for weight lifters. When you are lifting a good amount of mass, it can put a lot of pressure on your knees, and potentially cause harm. That is where the best compression knee sleeves can help. They are excellent support for squats, the snatch, or the clean and jerk. If you are lifting and your knee is left weak and vulnerable, you will want to use a knee sleeve to help protect it.
What are the different types of knee sleeves?
There are a few different categories of best compression knee sleeves. They each have their own benefits, and some are preferable to others.
- Open knee sleeves – These types of knee sleeves have a hole in the front where your knee is exposed. This reduces pressure through the kneecap and allows air to reach your knee to help with circulation.
- Closed knee sleeves – These are complete all the way around your knee. They provide complete support and allow for more heat retention.
- Inbuilt stabilizers – Some knee sleeves can be open or closed, but also provide side stabilizers. These side stabilizers provide more support for knee ligaments.
Although these are the general types of knee sleeves, there are other possible variations as well. They can be made to slide on the knee, or close with Velcro that wrap around your knee.
What are some of the best compression knee sleeves?
There are many knee sleeves that you will come across. Listed here are some of the best compression knee sleeves that have been determined by consumers. They take into account performance, stability, and durability.
- KASP Fitness 7mm knee sleeve – The KASP Fitness brand is one of the top selling brands. This particular model is well liked by consumers. It helps prevent injury, rehabilitate injured knees and increases your performance, all the while protecting the knee from further injury. This closed knee sleeve is great for any type of activity you do and provides all the compression you need.
- McDavid HexPad Extended Compression leg sleeve – If you want even more support, this sleeve extends down into the mid-calf. It gives the compression and performance needed for any high level athlete. It is recommended highly by many sports athletes, such as basketball and football.
- Rehband Core Line 5mm knee sleeve – This Rehband is a sleeve that is also a great choice for athletics and rehabilitation. This knee sleeve is known for being a good, tight fit giving the perfect amount of compression and warmth. It can be used to enhance performance or for a recovery effort.
- Shock Doctor Knee compression sleeve – As one of the best compression knee sleeve, it is from of the companies with the most experience in this area and has been around a long time. With all of that experience, they have nearly perfected the knee sleeve. These products are rugged and durable, and always accomplish what they are made for.
- Copper Joint compression knee sleeve – As a copper infused knee sleeve, it is a great option for temperature regulation. This means it can protect your knee from becoming too hot or from going into a cold shock after your workout. This is great for athletes, those recovering from knee injury, or those looking for extra support for the knee. This knee sleeve caters to those looking for compression and protection. It will upgrade your performance as well. It is also extended to the high-calf.
- VIPER compression full length knee sleeve – This excellent knee sleeve is full length from mid-thigh through the ankle offering the most support. If you are looking for a knee sleeve that will stay in place no matter your activity, this is an excellent choice. It will stay in place for an entire game, increase your performance and offer support. It is highly rated and is at a decent price for what you get.
- McDavid knee support sleeve – The McDavid provides great warmth to help increase the circulation around your knee. In turn, this helps lead to quicker and less painful recovery from injuries. It is made with high quality neoprene and will stay in place while you wear it.
- CompressionZ knee sleeve – This is a great option for a great price. With excellent support, it reaches a bit further up and down the leg. It is insulated and offer a great fit for stability. Equipped with special stitching, you will find that your mobility is not compromised when using this best compression knee sleeve.
How to determine whether to use a knee sleeve?
There are many reasons why you should use a knee sleeve. It can improve your performance, protect your knee from injury, and help heal from knee injuries. The type of activity you plan on doing, and the type of support you think you will need influence the type of knee sleeve you want to purchase. You will want to do your research to determine which knee sleeve to try that will work best for your situation.
One of the reasons for choosing to use a knee sleeve is the common overuse injury of patellar tendinitis. This occurs when you repeat stress on your patellar tendon that can lead to injury. Arthritis is another common injury. This is when the cartilage of the knee is worn down. These injuries can be supported by the use of best compression knee sleeves and can reduce pain every day.
Knee weakness and instability is another reason to utilize the benefits of a knee sleeve. This includes minor knee sprains and swelling. But the best way to use a knee sleeve is for prevention. Weight lifters and athletes can prevent common injuries to the knees just by adding a knee sleeve to their exercise uniform. The support, compression and heat can keep the knee from getting injured in the first place.
Many athletes have different knee sleeves for different purposes, and try various ones to find the one they love. You too will be able to easily find the best compression knee sleeve for you.